Friday, October 1, 2010

What I consider Day 1

Even though I started this process a little earlier then today, since I met with the surgeon today and she said, Yes I am a canidate then today is Day 1.  I weighed in at 240 in her office today and I am 5'6" which puts my BMI around 38-39. 
I met with the nutritionist the other day and with the surgeon today.  Next I have a pulmonary function test on Monday, labs and also chest x-rays.  Then on Wednesday I have an appointment for the Psychology evaluation!  Last thing I need to do is get an appointment for Internal medicine and get an EKG done.  The doc said I was also do the endoscope to check for hernias.
I can't believe this all is moving right along and it might mean that surgery is closer then I thought!

I have two options at this point.  I can either get the band or I can get the sleeve surgery. Right at this moment I am still torn on which I want to do.  I have done A LOT of research on the Band and not so much on the sleeve.  The part that scares me the most with the band is that there will be an object INSIDE my body???  It's just weired to think about it!  Also, the doctor said the fills hurt?  I'm a big baby afterall! LOL

I am glad to know that per the doctor and myself (and DH of course) this is the right course for me and my health!  I'm sure I will run into people along the way that won't agree with MY choice but that is just it, it is MY choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment